Monday 14 April 2014

MLS commissioner Don Garber undergoes cancer treatment

Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber is being treated for prostate cancer.
The 56-year-old has undergone a series of tests and the cancer has not spread, the organisation revealed in a statement.
"Obviously no-one wants to hear that they have cancer," Garber is quoted as saying by Yahoo! Sport.
"However, I am being treated by exceptional doctors at two of the top hospitals in the world and am confident, as are they, that the prostate cancer will be successfully treated, with a full recovery.
"I plan on keeping a normal schedule and will continue managing the league and Soccer United Marketing during my course of treatment. With the support of my family, friends, colleagues and doctors, I am feeling very strong, energized and extremely focused."
Garber will undergo further surgery following the initial treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment